Charm — Charm — Charmmmmm!
Located on the island of Saba, Althea Cottage can be found on what is often described as ” one of the prettiest lanes” in Windwardside Village… This Saba island home is Picturesquely situated up on the side of the mountain and offers expansive panoramic views from its open deck (20′ x 12′) over scenic Windwardside, The Level, Booby Hill and the Caribbean sea.
Features of Althea Cottage which is 155 years old include:
* It is surrounded by almost one quarter (1/4) acre of gardens with flowers and shrubs, lemon, papaya and mango trees. What a beautiful yard! Terraced with authentic Saban stone walls and walkways.
* The private back stone patio, with its own brick oven and direct access from the kitchen and living room, is the perfect spot for relaxing and entertaining on those choice, idyllic Saba mornings, afternoons and nights.
* The two ample, air-conditioned bedrooms – with private baths – are conveniently separated by the open kitchen / dining / living room space.
* All the rooms, with white ceilings and rafters and antique wood floors, add incredible warmth and comfort to this beautiful Saban cottage.
* There’s land enough for you to expand with an added guest cottage and pool.
* The present owners have totally upgraded the electrical system of the cottage.
* The large cistern has been re-lined.
* Off-the-road parking for one car is available.
* Althea Cottage is also one of the popular rental properties in Windwardside *
* An asset for added income *
* It comes fully furnished and is in move-in condition *
The owners told us this:
“We fell in love with the house straight away. It was authentically Saban, full of history and potential. The location is perfect because it feels as if it is part of the village but has space to breathe as well…the garden was a gift to discover as we cut back the ‘jungle’…This is the perfect place if you want to be reminded of a simpler lifestyle…and the Sabans are super welcoming, helpful and friendly. Althea Cottage is a small piece of paradise…We love eating breakfast on the patio, watching Mt. Scenery; or sipping a Saba rum in the evening on the front deck or sitting under the African tulip tree watching the ocean.”
How perfectly appealing and magical does that sound?
Please call us – Michael & Albert – We‘re pleased to offer you this wonderful home
at the realistic and reduced price of — $290,000.00 USD
Features and Details
- Region - Country: Caribbean
- Island: Saba
- Address: Unnamed Road, Windward Side, Caribbean Netherlands
- City/Town: Windwardside
- Listing: For Sale
- Location: Water view
- Property: Cottage
- Ownership: Freehold
- Class: Mixed Use
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Furnished: Yes
- Age: Over 20 Years
- Price: $290,000
- Currency: USD
- Price Details: Reduced Price
- Agency Name:: Saba Island Properties
- Agent Name:: Albert and Michael
- Telephone: +599-416-2777
- Toll-Free: +631-604-4435
- List Order: 4632