The owner of ‘Nearly There Cottage’ has poured his heart into personally renovating this impressive home and it shows!
His passion, precision and creativity lives throughout ‘Nearly There’ – both inside and out.
You’ll immediately see and feel the craftsmanship and love applied to every inch of this beautiful cottage in the woodwork, vaulted beam ceilings, tiling, colors and amenities. It shines and embraces you with style and comfort.
He told us this about the name — ‘Nearly There was meant to be a bit of a play on words in regards to how long this project has taken. It’s been “nearly there” for years, as well as the fact that it’s near the end of a cul-de-sac road, plus…my personal philosophy that life is more about the journey, not so much about the destination.
The name stone for the house will read – “Nearly There Cottage Est. 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015?”…a tongue and cheek reference to the challenge and time and love involved.’
Two (2) Bedrooms: each with air-conditioning and large closet space
Two (2) Bathrooms: each with shower, sink and toilet
Master Bedroom with a private outdoor shower
Open kitchen / living / dining room with vaulted cypress and cedar wood ceilings
Loft space with ladder and single bed
Ceiling fans throughout
Modern kitchen appliances and KraftMaid cabinetry
Washer and dryer
Attached covered garage and workshop area
14,000 gallon cistern
Downstairs studio apartment
‘We were captivated by the dramatic views and location when we first saw this unique home. It’s dazzling! The owners hospitality was exemplary — serving us refreshments and showing us all around the property. ‘Nearly There’ is a stunning cottage. It radiates generosity. It’s natural, pure and organic. It’s the essence of Saba.’ – Albert & Michael
Veering off the main road in Lower Hell’s Gate, ‘Nearly There Cottage’ is on the way to the Sulphur Mine Trail and…a truly private enclave full of Saban charm.
Originally built by a roving Caribbean sailor in 1989 ‘Nearly There Cottage’ is stationed 1,000 feet above the sea and surrounded by a white picket fence.
The cottage welcomes you to the vast openness of the brilliant blue Caribbean sky and sea and the terrace expands to a 2,000 square foot outdoor living space tiled in natural terra cotta.
– You’ll sit for hours relaxing on the front porch, lost in the vivid tropical waters and distant views of Anguilla, St. Maarten, St. Barth’s, Statia, Nevis, and St. Kitts and…even shy Montserrat, who every now and then will suddenly appear.
– You’ll dine in privacy under the open covered porch with a view of the pool and large heated spa, encircled by a crescent shaped custom built retaining wall made out of Saba volcanic rock.
Here you’ll thoroughly enjoy your days and nights on Saba…watching the morning sunrise and then dusk settling in with a multitude of stars and the golden, white light of the Caribbean moon shining all around. It’s happens that way nearly every day!
‘Nearly There Cottage’ honors its surroundings. You’ll see it in the choices of colors and textures of materials — cedar — cypress — red oak woods — slate — terra cotta — local stones — a variety of greys and beige tones complementing one another in subtle and warm ways. It’s all natural and blends perfectly.
That’s what Caribbean life is — being at one with nature — harmoniously living with the fresh winds, the smell of the sea, the feel of rain and sun, walking the rugged, fertile earth and seeing rich tropical plants. This is the simple splendor of Saba!
– The open kitchen / dining / living space with an upper loft, and the master bedroom with sliding barn door and decorative venetian glass sconces gives this five star cottage an added dimension of depth and appeal which is rarely ever achieved in cottage architecture.
– Two separated bedrooms each have their own spacious baths, one with a private outdoor stone shower and of course… breathtaking ocean views.
– The lower part of the cottage has a studio apartment, with its own washer and dryer area and a large outdoor lawn facing the sea, which can be rented for added income or kept vacant for your guests or property caretakers.
‘Nearly There Cottage’ has it all…come and marvel at this extraordinary island retreat!
And — at the incredible asking price of — $750,000.00 USD
You’re ‘Nearly There’… just make the offer.
Please call Albert & Michael – SABA Island Properties – for answers to your questions — even to rent it for a visit and then to buy.
Features and Details
- Region - Country: Caribbean
- Island: Saba
- Listing: For Sale
- Property: House-Villa
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Auto Garage: 1 Car
- Price: 695,000
- Currency: USD
- Price Details: Reduced Price
- Location: Ocean view
- Agency Name:: Saba Island Properties
- Agent Name:: Albert and Michael
- Telephone: 599-416-2777
- List Order: 4470